Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Summer Beach Trip



Here we are!!! The whole family, my parents and maternal grandparents, plus me, my four sisters and our families. We all made it to our beach house rental in Myrtle Beach, SC for a week of fun in the sun and warm Atlantic water!!!

We decided to coordinate our attire one morning for a photo-op. Here are some oh so cute pictures of our family!



















































































Boys' night out! The guys went to a AAA baseball game to watch the Myrtle Beach Pelicans win a close game. They had a great time and Tyson was asked to participate in a dance off, but he lost to a guy who took off his shirt . . . no fair!





































Chase had so much fun playing in the sand and waves. He could have boogie boarded forever!























Chase and Eric went to a brand new dinner show called Pirates Voyage. They watched two ships of pirates fight in acrobatic style in a moat in the middle of the arena. Eric was a little skeptical, but they loved every minute of the show and the "pirate food" as Chase likes to say.























Some of my brothers-in-law were very ambitious with their sand play. They created this beautiful hippo that decided to eat Tyson!























Cambrie looks like a superhero! I love this photo!










We had an amazing week in Myrtle Beach. I love my wonderful family and I miss them always. It was so great to be together!!
























Okay, back to Virginia, my home sweet home. This first group of pictures is from the few days we were there before leaving for the beach trip. This overlook picture of me and Eric is looking down over the valley where my parents and grandparents live. I grew up in Wise, a town at the top of the mountains, but my parents moved last year, and I'm still trying to get used to the idea!




These next few photos were taken at Little Stony Falls in the Jefferson National Forest that is not far from where I grew up. We are basically surrounded by it. We have always loved it here and have visited and hiked it countless times.































Ashley and Brett have recently relocated to St. Louis for his residency and we are really going to miss them. Hopefully some day they will move back to AZ . . . probably not, but I can always dream! I love their shirts in this picture.














Here is Heather with her super cute kiddos! It was great fun for the kids to have cousins to play with for a change.











Eric and I are actually balancing precariously on two rocks at the bottoms area of the falls. I thought we might actually fall, but we stayed dry instead!



























Now, back to the post beach pictures. First, we have a photo of my grandfather up on a stage at the Best Friends Festival in Norton, VA where he grew up. He is the one with the white and blue shirt with the glasses case in his pocket. If you want a good laugh, watch the video and see how good he is at the YMCA moves. (Sorry for the poor quality, I didn't bring our video camera to this event, so I was stuck with the regular camera's video.)








Annabelle and Ella munching on lemons. I promise we do feed them on occasion!










We were so happy Ashley, Lindsey, Annabelle and Lucas got to come and spend another week with us in Virginia (and two weekends with Justin, too). Here are my parents with my and Lindsey's gorgeous children.









Several nights a week, the kids wanted to walk through my parents' subdivision to go and throw rocks into the creek.




















They danced to fireworks in the backyard!

















They visited a water park in Tennessee!



















We went to Norton again for the 4th of July fireworks show. Chase enjoyed dancing on the stone wall that goes through town. We were right smack in front of the deejay, so the music was really loud, but a lot of fun!



























Well, that is the end of our super summer vacation. Four weeks in Virginia and one amazing week in South Carolina.

Our Primary Presidency asked for pictures of the kids in front of a temple, so this past Sunday we took some at the Mesa Temple. Here's a few of them.




ef="https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEi8gELHU85QpWaOR9MLZHHnrdA4Nr0j7aCvkhLd8GtpMW4zqMmB-iaG6RHtXU3QIBdR4MIzpHC5mUxvzvL3qUY-xvntRDHZdfj_GShGoTQAtPevy0MFmZ5GjHLCAr4UpibEREzSh970ignM/s1600/Beach+2011+Winters+319.JPG">



2 comments:

Karen (but sometimes Chris) said...

Love the beach pictures. Some look very similar to ones we were taking last week at Myrtle Beach. I'm sure we'll catch up once I'm home from my vacation too. Love you guys!

Erin said...

I don't know how we missed these pictures! Thanks for letting us know to check. They're awesome!